Monday, March 18, 2013

I am obsessed with this picture:



This is from the website hagopgaragem.com (obvs!), that I first found at the TrulyVictorian.com  bulletin board as posted by Miss Cindy.

What I love about this photo is the grand lady at the center.

~~~

I am 5' 10.5" in my stockings. In my heeled Victorian boots I'm around 6'1''. I'm among the tallest in the room in regular life and I've always shied away from tall late Victorian hats on account of I'd be, like, seven feet tall with the hat.

No longer! This lady is as tall or taller than every gentleman present, and that didn't stop her from donning a marvel of the milliner's trade.

I don't know where this phobia of a tall hat came from. I never shy away from quite high heels despite being taller than my husband. (He doesn't mind, I like scoop neck blouses and my heels put the most picturesque areas right at eye level.)

Anyway...

I have a feeling there is a blossom-laden late Victorian hat in my future! :D

1 comment:

  1. That's some fabulous hat confection on that hat! I think you'd look awesome in late bustle or 90s dresses, tall hat or no (then again, can you make anything that's not gorgeous?). And hey, if the hat's tall, then everybody can see it from far away and behold its awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete